Re: CherryTrail SST firmware limitations query

On 01/28/2016 04:24 PM, Vinod Koul wrote:
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:10:50PM +0000, Dan O'Donovan wrote:
(Sorry, re-sending as I wasn't subscribed to the alsa-devel mailing
list on my previous attempt)

Hi Vinod

I am currently attempting to use the SSP0 port on an Intel X5-Z8300
SoC (Cherry Trail) with a new codec.

I have seen that you have committed SST firmware 'fw_sst_22a8.bin'
and related SST audio soc drivers in the past, so I hope you don't
mind if I ask you some questions about it here.

Primarily, I am wondering if there are any limitations imposed by
that firmware binary that I need to be aware of. I haven't been able
to find much information about what this firmware does or doesn't
support.
That binary is not for CHT. Each Bin is specfic to a platform. I have
the BYT and BSW versions, but not CHT

For example, existing CHT SST machine drivers suggest that the PCM
bit clock is fixed at 19.2MHz.
Yes, the MCLK will be 19.2 here

Also, I am wondering if all SSP ports on the SoC are supported by
that firmware, or if it is limited to just SSP2?
SSP2, for SSP0 we need to get a new version

Are there any other limitations that I may need to be aware of in
the firmware (or in the SSP back-end driver) when attempting to
connect a new codec (TI PCM5122 initially) to SSP0.
Bigger pole will be getting the firmware. Usually we support I2S and TDM
modes
Thanks very much for your reply, Vinod! That probably explains why I'm seeing clock signals from SSP0 but no audio data. Can you tell me who I could contact to request SST firmware for CHT with SSP0 support?

HTH