Re: Discarding the first few frames inside the kernel

Hi,

On Jan 21 2016 02:24, Ankhit Vivekananda wrote:
I am not sure as to how the wait for 4.5ms can be applied there?

I think you asked about the way to achieve the idea.

Call kernel's process scheduler in the .prepare() implementation of your driver. For example, msleep() in <linux/delay.h> (More geneous logic is preferrable, I think.)

Don't do this in .trigger() implementation, because this can be called in interrupt context, or between spin_lock_irqsave()/spin_lock_irqstore() in process context.

Alternatively, does calling snd_pcm_format_set_silence(), be a safe
method to silence the first few samples coming out of the buffer?

I don't know exactly because I have no supplemental information about your driver and hardware design.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto