Re: DT soundcard driver with special clock routing

Hi Sylwester,

Currently I'm struggling with the clocks on the DaVinci platform as the clock tree is defined in the platform driver and not in DT. Is there a way to reference the clocks by names from DT, or does the DaVinci clock driver need to be rewritten for DT support?

There is one more thing I came across using the simple soundcard driver. The codec needs to be set to generate the clock via PLL. Unfortunately the simple soundcard always passes clock ID 0 to snd_soc_dai_set_sysclk() - I need a different value for the internal PLL.

What is the preferred approach here? On one hand the simple soundcard driver could be extended with a DT parameter "clock ID".
Or does a dedicated soundcard driver need to be written?

Thanks
Petr