Simple-card without codec for testing purpose

Hello,

I'm starting debugging / testing all the fsl_ssi issues (see Caleb's previous post).

First step I just need to setup a DTS entry for "simple-card" + fake codec to generate arbitrary PCM bus output (1 to 16 channels, various TDM, various sampling rate and format and master/slave role) I will then plug my logical analyser, or do some loopback, or plug a FPGA to generate/check some patterns.

Is there such "fake codec" somewhere. Indeed, something that look like the bt-sco codec, but without rate/format/channel limitations ?
Or does the "simple-card" even needs one ?

Regards,
Arnaud