Turtle Beach Tahiti (snd-msnd-classic)

Dear Takashi Iwai, Krzysztof Helt, Karsten Wiese and all,

Following advice given on the bugtracker, and noting the call "testers wanted" in the Turtle Beach section of the ALSA soundcard matrix: I have been unable to get my Tahiti soundcard working under ALSA (see issue # 5118).

1. dmesg says "Assuming PnP mode", despite isapnp=0 option
2. dmesg makes no further mention of the driver (resource assignment, firmware upload, DSP reset, attach?).
3. /proc/interrupts, /proc/ioports and /proc/iomem show no resource assignments
4. aplay -l lists no soundcards
5. YET: lsmod shows driver has been loaded.

Most importantly, no sound.

To reproduce:
>From Win98SE, soundcard working 100%, having noted resource allocation:
1. Reboot (dual boot) via Grub into Ubuntu 10.4 (Lucid).
2. Invoke a terminal.
3. Type: sudo modprobe snd-msnd-classic isapnp=0 io=0x3e0 irq=10 mem=0xd0000

Also tried:
1. Add to end of /etc/modules: snd-msnd-classic
2. Create /etc/modprobe.d/alsa_local.conf, containing:
     options snd slots=snd-msnd-classic
     alias snd-card-0 snd-msnd-classic
     options snd-msnd-classic isapnp=0 io=0x3e0 irq=10 mem=0xd0000
3. Ensure availability of msndinit.bin and msndperm.bin in /lib/firmware/turtlebeach
4. Reboot.

I have had this particular card working under SuSe (a number of years ago, and using the OSS driver), but I have had little success with the OSS driver this time around - dmesg shows successful resource allocation, firmware upload and reset, but no sound. The card remains functional under Windows, though.

Please find output of alsa-info.sh script attached.  I'm happy to assist in any way I can to see this device supported.

Kind regards,
Mark Brand.

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard NMMU eMail disclaimer which may be found at:
http://www.nmmu.ac.za/disclaimer/email.htm