Re: [RFC] ASoC: multi-component: Add optional kcontrol prefix name for a DAI link

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 01:59:22PM +0300, Jarkko Nikula wrote:

> I went back to original idea that prefixes only kcontrols of codec and
> doesn't add any new API. So if we can have DAIless codec drivers (i.e.
> amplifiers) then there is no immediate need for prefixing widgets and
> routes.

Note that even DAIless drivers can have routing in them - see WM9090 for
example.

> Cross-device links and DAPM between them remains unsolved as this tries
> to solve only kcontrol name issue with multiple codecs only.

I really think anything along these lines needs to handle DAPM somehow -
given that virtually every driver has DAPM support of some kind and
there are some fairly standard pin names for things it's likely that
you'll get the same issues there.