Re: Information request - writing a driver for a virtual soundcard

> I still don't understand where the actual audio material has its origin,
> or where it should be sent to, respectively.

Origin is anything the user would choose to play on a "normal" system.
Pure sound from CD, mp3, ogg, wma played with xmmls, totem movie
player etc. Any application used to play sound on a Linux box. The PCM
stream would be compressed and transmitted over TCP/IP to the
smartphone which would play it on its output.

Thanks,
Olof