Question about snd_pcm_sw_params_set_start_threshold

Hi all,

I am running into some troubles with my linux plugin for the vdr. I
want to play audio in sync of video. My current solution is to buffer
about 500ms of video on the output device (pts based FIFO). I can play
audio with alsa, but
sometimes I am not in sync with the video. So I want to set start
threshold to 0 to disable automatic playback start. Instead I want to
buffer audio and start playback manual, if pts of video is near
current scr clock of output device. What are my options to manually
start playback?

thanks,
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc