Re: [RFC] disabling ALSA period interrupts

2010/4/30 pl bossart <bossart.nospam@xxxxxxxxx>

> > Do your test need the patch which you have posted to pulseaudio developer
> > mailing list
> >
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/6671
> >
> > it seem that fix should be in driver side if it is hardware specific
>
> No it's totally unrelated.
>

>> On my HDAudio test system, 128 bytes was already more than enough to
prevent audible noises.

>> Rewinding the ring buffer completely causes audible issues with DMAs.
Previous solution didn't work with tsched=0, and used tsched_watermark
for guardband, which isn't linked to hardware and could become really high
if underflows occurred.

But the rewind issue is not limiting to (PCIE) HDaudio since all PCI sound
cards would have the same problem ?

i.e. snd_pcm_rewindable() return wrong value