Re: Verifying mixer dB data/Invalid dB data from USB cards, especially Aureon 5.1 MkII

2010/2/23 Clemens Ladisch <clemens@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Sun, 21.02.10 12:01, Raymond Yau (superquad.vortex2@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > > However Simple Mixer API cannot know the subdevice number , you have to
> use
> > > control API ( the lower level API used by Simple Mixer API )
> >
> > Unfortunately there is no way from the simple mixer to the lower level
> > mixer.
>
> From the check_unplugged function in alsa-utils/alsamixer/mixer_widget.c:
>
>        err = snd_mixer_get_hctl(mixer, mixer_device_name, &hctl);
>        if (err >= 0)
>                ctl = snd_hctl_ctl(hctl);
>
> > It would be great if the smixer would include some API that gives me a
> > hint to which device/subdevice a specific snd_mixer_elem_t belongs to.
>
> Often, there is no 1:1 correspondence between mixer elements and PCM
> devices.  Only mixer controls with interface PCM (not MIXER) have (sub-)
> device numbers, and at the moment this is used only for controls that
> are associated with the streams of hardware-mixing-capable cards.
>
> Getting information about the mixer layout (like the nodes reported by
> HDA and USB devices) is on the TODO list; the only reason it isn't being
> implemented is lack of time.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

for hda , Since PA server open pcm device , so it still can use

snd_mixer_selem_id_set_index(sid, snd_pcm_info_get_subdevice(pcm_info));

pavucontrol still can query PA server to get the sudevice numer
whenever PA resum from suspend

But gnome volume control has no way to know which application open
which subdevice