Re: Support for floating point controls?

James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Which hardware supports these 32 bit float controls?

For our
(http://audioscience.com/internet/products/sound_cards/soundcards.htm)
cards,  none officially yet.

However, we are working on extensions to our control protocol that
allows float parameters, which naturally express the parameters of some
of the controlled algorithms on the card/boxes.  (The processor on the
cards is a floating point DSP)

It would then be a pain if ALSA did not support float controls, because
we'd have to convert from float to int in the kernel to pass to
userspace, where probably it would need to be rescaled to int again...

--
Eliot