Re: Front jack not working with hda-intel driver SigmaTel STAC9271D codec

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Daniel Chen <seven.steps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM, David Mohr <damailings@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=3ed2ab9e7732bf08d2bbfbe8adb74bf037d9e618
>
> Please use a more recent snapshot:
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.bz2

My apologies, using a driver snapshot should have been pretty obvious.
Unfortunately it did not improve things; the problem remains.

I also realize that the existance of pulseaudio complicates things. Is
there a way to switch between the back and front jacks using alsa? Or
how else does pa control this?

I'd be happy to try patches to the current development code, but I
only have access to this machine for around another week. So any
timely help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~David