Re: frequency analysis with alsa and fftw

On Sun, 2009-12-27 13:26:31 +0100, Markus Vogl <markus.vogl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> my project is to analyse the mic input frequency from my asus eepc
> 1008ha with ubuntu 9.10  and show it in a terminal window. i would
> use my acoustic 6 string guitar to play in front of my netbook.
>
> i´ve testet the howto from linuxjornal.com ..
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6735
>
> ...but i´ve no plan to use the mic input and  then analyse it with fftw.

Why do you need to do ALSA programming in the first place? Isn't it
enough to use any given ALSA-capable audio recorder (eg. arecord) to
record some sound, convert it to raw PCM data (eg. cut off the WAV
header) and then shift all the data into the FFT lib?

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx              +49-172-7608481
 Signature of:                            If it doesn't work, force it.