Re: HD-Audio device unsuppored (Nvidia G2xx-series GPU implemented)

Am 21.12.2009 11:55, schrieb Takashi Iwai:
> At Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:36:23 +0100,
> Stefan Ringel wrote:

>>> Hi Takashi,
>>>
>>> I have a theory,
>>>
>>> 4 codec with 2 channels bundling to one pcm device for 8 channels
>>> uncompressed lpcm audio and compressed audio over first codec.
>>>
>>> Actual configuration is 4 separate pcm device.
>>>

>> Hi Takashi,
>>
>> I tested your patch and it doesn't work.
>> I checked caps from nodes 0x04 and 0x05 and comparing with
>> http://download.intel.com/standards/hdaudio/pdf/hda034-a2.pdf. document.
>> The configuration is 4 full HDMI codec not 4 2-channels pcm codec. It
>> have CP-flag, ext-channel and in pin-widget that HDMI-flag.
>>
> But still it's not sure whether it's really compliant.
> Nvidia HDMI codecs have been incompatible with that standard although
> they have already supported 8 channels.
> And, one wonders why there are 4 HDMI codecs there.
>
> Anyway, try to set up just one codec and don't do anything else.
> If it's a standard codec, patch_intelhdmi.c would work.  Create a new
> patch code that ignores the instances with codec->addr > 1, so that
> you concentrate on only the first codec address.
> Or, patch_atihdmi.c can be used by changing the fixed pins...
>

> Takashi

I tested your patch  with using HDA-Analyzer once again. I enabled and
disabled the codecs step to step and as I enabled the second codec I
hear rear left and rear right, but not other channels. As I enabled all
codecs I hear only rear
left and rear right.

Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel@xxxxxxxx>

--