Re: RME HDSPe AIO

Florian, why can't you answer his technical question with specifics?  What
in ALSA prevents professional use?  There is a culture out there that
'worships' whatever professional means without ever defining it.  It is
elitism and in a technical forum unforgivable.  Lets leave culture out of
driver discussions ok?  I asked for information about how to make the AIO
work in ALSA and I have received ZERO useful information and instead got
discouraging and arrogant responses.  I feel like I am being neutralized
here.  The soundcard matrix contains no entries for the AIO, so one can only
conclude ambiguity.

I am willing to try and help, but without useful information it is difficult
to proceed.

The HDSPe hostcard works great with the multiface.  I am working on the
assumption that if the card can be identified differently, there will be a
similar level of functionality.  There is also the benefit of hdspmixer and
hdspconf, both which work fine with HDSPe hostcard and multiface.  If there
is a reason this is not appropriate, technically, that can be validated I
would like to hear it.  Otherwise if ALSA and the operating system can be
adjusted to load the snd-hdsp module instead, I would like to know how to
make this accommodation and how to compile ALSA to make this possible.  I
have great hopes for a snd-hdspm module that will support all the new gear,
but that may never happen.  In the meantime, I think it is acceptable to use
the existing module even if it is not perfect.  If perfection were a
requirement ALSA would not have gotten very far and neither would science.

So again I will try and ask the experts of ALSA development how to make
these accommodations.

jonathan adams leonard