Re: Trying to get unsupported CODEC to work

I know this thread is ancient, but the question has come to my forefront
again, so I'll see if I can ask it better now.

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alex Austin wrote:
> >
> > Shoot. The DAE-3 is a controller for a 5-CH Amplifier card driving
> > speakers directly, but I still need the subwoofer output from the ALC888.
> > may be able to get by without the ALC using high-level inputs on the sub
> amp.
> > Even without it, what do I need to do to enable the DAE-3? I'm
> comfortable in
> > C, but I don't know ALSA much, if at all, yet.
>
> The codec parser isn't present for DAE-3, and the generic parser
> obviously doesn't work for it.  So, you need to create a new codec
> parser such as other patch_*.c.
>
> Takashi

Since the output of codecgraph looks pretty simple, what codec
parser would you recommend starting with as a base?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> At Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:28:28 -0600,
> Alex Austin wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I have an MSI Media Live DIVA motherboard. It has an AMD SB600 HD
> > Audio controller, and two CODECs on the HDA bus.
> >
> > First is an ALC888
> > Second is an Intersil DAE-3.
>
> The analog outputs on both codecs are really used at the same time?
> Then it doesn't work right now.  Simply "not implemented".  And no
> concrete plan to fix it yet.  This might require a fundamental
> re-design.
>

> Takashi

Is this still the case? Structurally, why can't this be supported now?

Thanks much,
- Alex Austin