Re: [Intel-gfx] Problems with HDMI audio on Intel DG45FC motherboard

Hey all,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 09:26:00AM +0800, Wu Fengguang wrote:
> It's <= 0.5 second silence from my experience.

Correct.

> HDMI codec/sink seem to take some time to response to the output
> enable and new infoframe, so there are some delay. I've moved the HDMI
> output enable command to module load time, this helps. The infoframe
> is in theory created in run time based on the format of _each_ new
> audio stream, so infoframe transmission has to be started/stopped
> for each track..

I know this has come up before but can't we not start/stop
the infoframe if the sample format on the new track is the
same as the old. I mean playing an album, you're gonna get
44100, 2ch s16le 95% of the time so that would atleast
cause the problem to appear much less.

Shane