Re: ASoC updates for 2.6.32

Dne Pá 28. srpna 2009 15:49:49 Mark Brown napsal(a):> On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 02:29 +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:> > Dne Po 24. srpna 2009 09:37:16 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):> > > Merging your changes into topic/asoc, then merging into master or> > > for-next.  So, it seems conflicting with the latest upstream.> >> > Those patches were made against sound-2.6 from Mark ... I assume some> > additional stuff was pushed into the kernel after Mark updated his tree.>> Yes, there have been changes in mainline since the last time it was> merged up onto the ASoC branch.
Yes, that part of patch that conflicted in Takashi's tree was the same one I had to fix for your tree iirc.>> > > > Marek, I suggest that you submit the patch to use IRQs against the> > > > power tree.> >> > Where would this one be ?>> MAINTAINERS says:>> POWER SUPPLY CLASS/SUBSYSTEM and DRIVERS> P:      Anton Vorontsov> M:      cbou@xxxxxxx> P:      David Woodhouse> M:      dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> T:      git git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6.git> S:      Maintained> F:      include/linux/power_supply.h> F:      drivers/power/power_supply*
I think you noticed it's not very up-to-date (.31-rc1, last update from 30/07/2009).>> > > > I also suggest that you submit a version of the battery platform> > > > data changes against the power tree which avoids making the platforms> > > > instabuggy then when that's applied submit changes to Eric to use the> > > > new platform data, making it clear that the machine changes will need> > > > to wait for both power and ALSA trees to be merged during the merge> > > > window. This is the approach that's been suggested previously - it> > > > makes life much easier if changes go through the relevant trees.> >> > If those changes go through one tree, it'll make them consistent and> > avoid breakage (because if some of those changes go through the power> > tree, some through Erics tree ... all of those trees would be broken for> > some time).>> As previously explained these issues would be pretty much dealt with if> you were to ensure that changing the battery driver did not require> immediate updates to the boards. This is the standard technique used to> do this sort of change which affects many trees and generally works> pretty well. As things stand the arch/arm bit shouldn't be split from> the drivers/power change to the platform data.>> > I rebased those patches against your tree -- sound-2.6/master -- and> > attached is the patch that had problems with merging (fixed version). The> > other patches apply fine.>> Please also check that the resulting branch will merge down cleanly into> -next - that's what they'll end up getting merged into.>> Also, I've asked you several times to stop sending multiple patches in> one e-mail.I mailed only one.> As I've said before the fact that you are submitting patches> like this means that they require a special manual workflow to apply.> Have you tried using git format-patch and git send-email to send> patches? I have suggested this to you several times without any> response. These programs will take care of the overwhelming majority of> the technical issues with your submissions - there are example> configurations available for use with gmail.Yeah, I need to look into that ... it's not like Im ignoring it._______________________________________________Alsa-devel mailing listAlsa-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel