Re: ASoC: at91sam9260-PCM1808/TAS5709-based board driver

Thank you John for the sample code. It's going to be very useful
specially when I get to the TAS5709 part and the I2C interface.

My next question is with regards to clocking on the SSC interface. The
PCM1808 in my board has a pretty straight forward connection as follows:

SSC-I/F     PCM1808     Comment
   RF  ---->   LRCK      Frame clock
   RK  ---->   BCK       Bit clock
   RD  <----   DOUT      Digital data

The PCM1808 is hardwired to be in slave mode. The two clock lines are
expected to be provided by the SoC's SSC interface.

I have the following code in my machine driver to request the SSC
interface and bind the PCM1808 to it:

         /*
          * Request SSC device
          */
         ssc = ssc_request(0);
         if (IS_ERR(ssc)) {
                 printk(KERN_ERR "ASoC: Failed to request SSC 0\n");
                 ret = PTR_ERR(ssc);
                 ssc = NULL;
                 goto err_ssc;
         }
         ssc_p->ssc = ssc;

What I need to do now is to set the SSC's clock divider to feed the
PCM1808 with the proper clocking. So these are my next questions:

1. How do I specify in the machine driver that my pcm1808 is hardwired
to slave mode and that I need bit/frame clocks to be provided by the SSC
interface?

2. How do I set the SSC's clock divider to provide the right clock signals?

Thanks again,

--
Pedro