Getting around initial sample loss with intel HDMI

Hi,

It's a known issue that Intel HDMI audio loses the first
half second or so of audio when opening the device. Using
the dmix interface, I've been able to get around that by
writing a quick app to hold the device open so the HDMI
stays live. However, with the recent asound.conf posted
here which uses the route plugin to fix the multichannel
order, I can't do that as dmix isn't in the picture. I'd
rather not use dmix anyway since it can bugger with the
sample rate so I am wondering if there's another way to get
around this.

Any chance the intel driver could get an option to hold the
HDMI open or would it still be there when the sample format
gets changed?

Shane