Re: No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4

Em Sex, 2009-06-05 às 21:40 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:> > However, this time I made an interesting observation. alsa-info does> not> > generate spurious events. It generates exactly the number of events> that> > should be generated before the execution of alsa-info. For example:> if I> > plug and unplug the HP and run alsa-info, two HP_EVENTs are> generated.> > This explains the three events I observed earlier (plug, unplug,> plug,> > alsa-info).> > > > It seems the events are getting "stuck" somewhere and alsa-info> > "releases" them.> > Check /proc/interrupts whether you get an interrupt when you plug /> unplug the jack.  I guess you don't get an interrupt there.  If so,> then it's a problem of ACPI or BIOS.  If you get a proper interrupt> but still no unsol event is passed, something wrong in the sound> driver side.
I'm not sure what interrupt I should be monitoring, but the line with"HDA Intel" always stays with 0 interrupts. Also, only timer, i915 andrescheduling interrupts are generated.
Oh, boy. If this is so, what can I do now? If it is a BIOS problem, Imay try to file a bug report with HP, but as Vista works perfectly theyprobably won't be interested. If it is a ACPI bug, what exactly should Ireport to the Linux ACPI guys?
> > BTW, I guess the similar effect could be achieved instead of alsa-info> but by just changing the mixer volume once.  The unsol verbs were> delivered, but they aren't fed until any sync operation is done.>
Changing mixer levels wont release the events.
Abraços,Gustavo
_______________________________________________Alsa-devel mailing listAlsa-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel