Re: Disabling HFL/R outputs in twl4030

On Friday 22 May 2009 13:36:04 ext Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:48:28PM +0300, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
> > I guess ASoC does not have support for per codec_dai DAPM routing, or
> > let's put it differently: binding DAPM controls to specific codec_dai.
>
> It should do - the active stream names are matched against the stream
> name (second argument) for the DAC to decide if DACs are active.  This
> then feeds through to the rest of the output path.  The code for this is
> in snd_soc_dapm_stream_event().
>
> Looking at the twl4030 driver the names for the streams need some
> adjustment.  I'm vaugely surprised that the HiFi streams match as is but
> I think I'm just missing something there.

So changing the stream names in the twl4030_dai:
for HiFi:
.stream_name = "HiFi Playback" and leave the "Capture"
and for voice:
.stream_name = "Voice Playback" and leave the "Capture"

since there is no HiFi or Voice dedicated ADC...

Than changing the DAPM_DACs stream names for the HiFi stream:
"Right Front HiFi Playback", "Left Front HiFi Playback", "Right Rear HiFi
Playback", "Left Rear HiFi Playback"

Should do the trick?

--
Péter