Re: pxa2xx-pcm and dma_request

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:06:22PM +0200, Robert Jarzmik wrote:

> One main difference is that in "arm context", pxa_dma_request() is called, while
> in "asoc context", it is not.

> I'd like one of you to cross-check, as I must admit I'm not following all the
> impacts of the pcm code split-up.

AFAICT this isn't a result of the code unification but rather is a case
of the code unification mirroring exactly the pre-merge state.  It's all
pre-git but my best guess would be that the ASoC version was done before
the DMA API was introduced - I expect the ASoC variant ought to be
updated to use the DMA API but I've not looked closely enough to be
certain.