Audio blank samples after some seconds of playing

I have a .wav file which lasts about 2 minutes.
I am playing it with aplay. It works fine, but after some seconds of
playing, I hear two blanks suddenly. After that, it continues playing fine
till the end of the file.
I have tried to increment buffer size and period size but I don't see any
difference.
Possition of blank samples seems to be quite random, but it always happens
near the beggining of the file.

Can you please give me some tip for debugging this problem or an idea of
what more can I try?

Thank you.