Re: Beep sound in the end of audio file

On Thu, 7 May 2009 14:08:14 +0300
Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need to revisit this...
> After more testing and debugging, it seams that I can not confirm the
> existence of the "tuck" (with the latest twl4030  codec code).
> As soon as I receive my Beagle board I will test it again (can anyone
> test this with latest ASoC code on Beagle?)...

I can hear somewhat audible (stetson guessed -20 db
from /dev/urandom level) power-up/-down pop with "aplay -f
dat /dev/zero" but no any other beeps or noises.

I cannot hear any difference in pop level am I using head of linux-omap
or when merging sound-2.6/asoc on top of it.

Of cource this pop noise can be codec output & load dependent and also
possible on-board amplifier with proper power sequencing can mask the
noise. For reference, output jack of the Beagle is connected directly
into HSOL and HSOR pins.

--
Jarkko