Re: HP pavilion dv5 1110ew - no hdmi sound

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:> What are difference between them?  Just my ignorance.>> BTW, interestingly, I've seen HP dv5 alsa-info with the very same> PCI SSID (thus supposedly the same model) which has MCP78 HDMI codec> chip.>>> Takashi>
MCPxx = single-chip northbridge + southbridge, with or withoutintegrated graphicsGxx = graphics processor
Now, I might be ignorant here, but wouldn't it be realistic to expectthem to function at least a bit different? MCPs have integrated audiocontroller that certainly isn't the same as one used in Gs.
But, well... it might just work. Maybe NVIDIA wanted to make lifeeasier for developers and used the same logic everywhere.
Doesn't ATI have different HDMI for integrated and discrete?