Re: patch 1/1: ASoC, DMA crash with application- resolved

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 09:37:21PM +0530, naveenkrishna.ch wrote:
>
> >  To solve the DMA crashes i have sent a patch, it worked i dint found any
> > patches related to this issue,
> > I tried it on alsa kernel git...
>
> Please check with Jarkko's patch applied below - it's not in ALSA git so
> you'll need to cherry pick it over into Takashi's tree by hand:

Here's link to the patch and it applies into Takashi's tree:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=55502f74b56f609a84d8919b9b29390b2e0147ff;hp=f519e67d3376cb177e4ae5f005df13646f6379c1

And recent Oops fix (which is in Takashi's tree):

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=19b3f31609dc8be3a56c78dcb7da723f10f7009c;hp=13d428afc007fcfcd6deeb215618f54cf9c0cae6

If these two don't help, then I think there must be either race somewhere or
bug in stopping of OMAP DMA. Anyway, it's a bug if DMA is still running when
executing omap_pcm_hw_free.

If possible, can you post a crash dump and/or use-case how to reproduce the
problem? I have TI Beagle board with OMAP3 and TWL4030 so I may be able to
reproduce it as well.

Jarkko