Asus P5QL-EM motherboard (ALC1200 codec) - no sound through S/PDIF

Hello,I can't get the S/PDIF out to work on P5QL-EM motherboard.
First of all, it doesn't detect the board configuration correctly, themotherboard has an HDMI output and an S/PDIF header (I have a TVconnected to one and an amplifier to the other, in case one outputwill "go live").
aplay -L normally only shows th HDMI port, however if I add this options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig probe_mask=1 to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, it will show both.
Problem is, there seems to be no signal coming out of any of the twodigital ports (they are not muted in mixer) in either PCM or AC3pass-through mode.
I compiled the "alsa-kernel" hoping that the latest commits related toALC1200 would help, but it hasn't helped.
Here's the output of alsa-info.sh:http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=b62b56c5ce0aa383fef1be0f55b87b4e27e8ab63Again, it's running "alsa-kernel", checked in just 12 hours ago.
Let me know what I can do to help, I am a developer but Alsa is notmy territory.