Re: Infrasonic Quartet

2008/11/12 Pavel Hofman <pavel.hofman@xxxxxxxxx>:> Vedran Miletić wrote:>>>> Auzen started to distribute one cool new Envy24HT-S card, and it looks>> really interesting to me. Specs are awesome, and it also has word>> clock on card!>> http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/infra_quartet.php>> http://www.infra-sonic.com/site/p_PCI_quartet.php>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829156007>>>> According to envy24.svobodno.com, it has:>> Infrasonic Quartet      0x3030  0x4953>> Envy24HT-S - supported by ALSA>> AK4620B (ADC / DAC) - not sure, probably not supported?>> AK4112 - not sure either?>>>> However it has Xilinx on card in similar way as ESI Juli@ does, so>> it's probably not a standard Envy24HT-S card.>> Any ideas if this card could be supported?>>>> According to the block diagram in the User's Manual the Xilinx plays a major> role. The FPGA provides even more functions than in Juli.>> Without some information from the manufacturer (even if under NDA) the> driver will be rather difficult to write. The FPGA is controlled by Envy's> GPIOs and their signals would have to be electrically analyzed under Windows> driver - a pretty complicated task. It is very different from a regular card> with well-documented codecs only where you just need to trace codec pins to> corresponding GPIOs.>> Pavel.>
First off, thanks for answering. I didn't expect anyone to answer,since this card isn't this common yet, so it surprised me that itcaught someone's interest. Good :)
Well, IMHO, this card is as far as Envy24HT-S can go. Sure you canhave more inputs/outputs, but at 4x4 and without breakout box that'sit, in terms of features. So, I didn't expect the design to be simpleat all. Not to mention unsupported DAC/ADC and DIT.
Yet, assuming we get the specifications from Infrasonic/Auzen, wouldyou or anyone else be interested in coding a driver?