Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi and X-Fi Titanium Series Linux 32bit/64bit Driver Source released

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:55:04 +0100,
> Bjoern Olausson wrote:

>>> I posted in the driver feedback forum and asked them to get in contact
>>> with you or me, so lets see what happens.
>>>
>>> http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=132606#M132606
>>>
>> Seems there is no way to get in contact with the Devs directly, no
>> bugtracker, nothing... just that forum... (but I guess no dev is
>> ?allowed/willing? to write in this forum) I don't really understand
>> the way creative communicates with it's customers... so lets see if
>> someone will contact you... my guess is no...
>
> Well, let's hope it.
>

> thanks,
>
> Takashi

All the good contacts I had at Creative have left the company.
>From what I understand of how the company works internally, is that the
only reason they have this open source driver is because some large
customer of theirs required it. They have no interest in what happens to
the driver over and above supporting the one customer that requested it.
I therefore doubt that they will make any contact with us regarding
getting the driver into the kernel. If that was the case, they would
have approached us earlier.

Kind Regards

James