[REGRESSION] ALSA: firewire-lib: heavy digital distortion with Fireface 800

Between the kernel releases 6.9.9 and 6.10.0, something changed that causes
heavy digital distortion on playback from at least ALSA and PipeWire.
The rhythm of the music is discernable in the output, so it isn't just
random noise.
It sounds a bit like bitcrushing, but not quite.
The generated overtones appear to be dependet on the sample rate.

I am sorry I can not be more specific, there are no kernel messages this time.

As Mr. Sakamoto recently committed all these changes to firewire he might
be able to identify the issue easily, which is why I'd like to ask him to
look into it.

Kind regards,
Edmund Raile.

#regzbot introduced: v6.9.9..v6.10