Motu 828 (28 x 32) support

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #415 was opened from beatboxa:

The newest [Motu 828 (28x32)](https://motu.com/en-us/products/828/) does not appear to have a UCM yet.  It is a class compliant USB device; so as a result, it generally "works" at a very basic level; but default channel mappings and profiles do not.

The system appears to default to only 2 channels in and 2 channels out.  So, for example, surround playback seems to mix into either the left or right channel.

In qpwgraph, it shows 30 inputs (I believe this includes an additional 2-channel loopback at the end) and 32 outputs, all marked as "AUX#," where # starts with 0.  I was able to identify which AUX# corresponds to which input or output on the device, through the use of qpwgraph and the device's built-in digital VU meter.

I have tried to create a UCM or even an asoundrc; but I have no idea what I'm doing.  The documentation and examples are not intuitive for me.

Could I collaborate with someone in order to get this audio interface supported?  I'd be happy to run any commands and tests you advise on.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/415
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf