Re: Missed review / mailing list submission?

On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 09:28:45PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/ci.git/commit/?h=asoc-6.10&id=710f9a3673d6839c485d6a1cd59a2b5078092d47

Please include human readable descriptions of things like commits and
issues being discussed in e-mail in your mails, this makes them much
easier for humans to read especially when they have no internet access.
I do frequently catch up on my mail on flights or while otherwise
travelling so this is even more pressing for me than just being about
making things a bit easier to read.

For the benefit of those playing at home (or like me, on a high speed
train) this is the PCM6240 driver.

> I can't find this in the mailing list.

That was like v9 or something, as you later noticed it's been on the
list over a very extended period with many revisions - there has been a
more than adequate opportunity for review here (Pierre did a bunch for
example).

> Moreover, it has an obstacle to be applied, i.e. as per
> https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v6.9-rc5/source/include/linux/gpio.h#L5
> the gpio.h must not be included in a new code and brief looking into
> that driver shows that legacy APIs are being used without _any_ good
> reason.

> This has to be fixed (by the author).

Or someone else, for example you could do it if you were so moved.  You
haven't even CCed Shenghao here...  please at least send a mail to him
explaining the issue.