GeForce 8200 HD audio seems to work!

I just installed Linux on ASROCK GeForce 8200 board. Being arelatively new chipset, I had a couple of issues booting olderkernels, finally settling for Debian lenny since it had a CD thatbooted. I was worried about onboard audio, since it's one of thousandsof HD audio solutions, and I expected to have problems with it.To make the long story short:1.0.16 -> only noise, doesn't sound close to track played1.0.17 -> sound + lots of noise, but you can recongnize the song that is playingtakashi's sound-2.6 -> everything works (including front panel) + HDMIaudio seeems to be supported
Massive props to whoever made it work.
I just have two questions:1) On RS690 I used to have separate device for RS690/RS780 HDMI (thatis HDA ATI and HDA ATI HDMI), on NVIDIA I only have HDA NVIDIA, whichhas subdevice for HDMI, why?2) alsamixer says: Card: HDA NVidia | Chip: Generic 10de NVIDIA MCP78HDMI. Shouldn't chip be "Realtek ALC662 rev1" or something like that?Also, why does it say Generic 10de? Where is that read from?
Regards,
-- Vedran MiletiÄ_______________________________________________Alsa-devel mailing listAlsa-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel