Re: Problems with pulseaudio / asla on PS3

At Mon, 8 Sep 2008 22:21:36 +0200,
Lennart Poettering wrote:

> On Fri, 05.09.08 21:02, Kevin Gilbert (kevin952@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>

> > Hi Takashi,
> >
> > On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Takashi Iwai opined:
> > > Well, it's no bug in softvol, at least.  The softvol doesn't do any
> > > format or layout conversions.  The layout conversion is done via plug
> > > plugin applied onto the softvol.
> >
> > OK (not that I fully understand what you have said) but where does that leave
> > me? Is there something that I should try? Some ALSA or kernel configuration
> > option that might be in error?
>
> Takashi, as Kevin wrote originally, the problem is not that softvol
> doesn't do any format/layout conversions, but that it claims it
> does. PA asks softvol for INTERLEAVED samples, softvol agrees to
> that -- and actually hands us only NONINTERLEAVED samples because it
> doesn't reformat the from the underlying layer.
>
> So, it *is* a bug in softvol. However, you are right that it doesn't
> do any conversions.

Does it happen only with softvol?  For example, try to put any
other conversion, such as, linear plugin instead of softvol.
Could you check whether it works?

Basically softvol does nothing special, just like other normal plugins.
So I don't think this is specific to softvol.

Takashi