Re: Fwd: No sound drivers on HP Envy x360 ey0xxx

On Wed, 03 Jan 2024 17:19:31 +0100,
Matthew Anderson wrote:

> They have something working around it on Windows. It's the same issue we've
> had to work around on Asus devices such as the ROG Ally.
>
>  You can use DSDT overrides to enable audio on Linux but this is dangerous
> and not recommended because we have no way of knowing the safe values to
> use.
>
> Asus eventually pushed an update adding the missing information for the ROG
> ally so it's no longer an issue. This is the proper solution.

There are recent additions to apply the static configuration for such
machines with broken BIOSen.  For HP, it'll be included in 6.8,
currently found in for-next branch (or topic/cs35l41 branch) of
sound.git tree.

You'd need to adjust the quirk tables in both
sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c and sound/pci/hda/cs35l41_hda_property.c
to match with yours.

HTH,

Takashi