seq: chrome web-MIDI issues since 1.2.10

alsa-project/alsa-lib issue #360 was opened from nodens:

Hi,

not sure how to qualify this issue exactly, it's probably unrelated to web MIDI, but that's how I can test and reproduce it in my setup.

I own an Expert Sleepers ES-9 interface that uses a web MIDI interface for its configuration (https://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/webapps/es9_config_tool_1.3.html). The page send and receive sysex messages from the device.

Since 1.2.10, it seems to only receive (or send) a fraction of the messages. I can sometimes (not every time) get the result of a sample rate request, but there is never any response on configuration dump request or version request. using aseqdump to see the messages shows nothing: there is no message seen at all.

Downgrading alsa-lib to 1.2.9 resolves the issue. I'm not sure how to debug further, but it is plausibly related to the recent seq changes.

Just to be sure, I also tried with latest HEAD, which doesn't change the behaviour.

Cheers,

nodens

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/issues/360
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib