Left audio channel very loud when external sound card was unplugged, volume not reflected properly in alsamixer

alsa-project/alsa-utils issue #235 was opened from WildRikku:

I'm reporting this here because alsamixer is at least part of the issue. I'd be thankful for help finding the whole issue and I can report elsewhere if necessary.

After plugging in my external sound card, the left channel is WAY louder than the right channel but `alsamixer` does not reflect this. I then correct it by setting the left channel to zero in `alsamixer` and back to what it should be. Note that it showed the value it should have before already, it just wasn't true! The volume is then correct until I unplug my sound card the next time and plug it in again. The issue also happens when I turn off the power supply of the USB dock the external sound card is plugged into. My device is a Steam Deck so I cannot use the external sound card without a dock.

#### Steps for reproducing this issue:

1. Unplug external sound card from the dock or send Steam Deck to stand-by and unplug the power supply
2. Plug sound card in or plug power supply in and turn on Steam Deck
3. left channel is now very loud but `alsamixer` shows equal value for left and right channel

Maybe related: When using `alsactl restore` I get

```
alsactl: set_control:1475: Cannot write control '2:0:0:Left Speaker Port Blocked Status:0' : Operation not permitted
alsactl: set_control:1475: Cannot write control '2:0:0:Left Speaker Open / Short Status:0' : Operation not permitted
alsactl: set_control:1475: Cannot write control '2:0:0:Right Speaker Port Blocked Status:0' : Operation not permitted
alsactl: set_control:1475: Cannot write control '2:0:0:Right Speaker Open / Short Status:0' : Operation not permitted
```

alsa-info output: https://alsa-project.org/db/?f=69b87861217a0e554cb4786c64d4a0c461177fdd

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/issues/235
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils