Re: ice1724 - TerraTec PHASE 22 no MIDI ports get created

Vedran Miletić wrote:> Thanks a lot for your response, Pavel. You saved me from installing> Windows to verify that my card isn't broken :-)> > Still, I don't understand:> 1) Why is in phase.c ICE_EEP2_SYSCONF set to 0x00? What do different> values do here, and how do you know which is the correct value?> 2) When I looked up juli.c for 0x20, there is only:> #define AK4114_ADDR             0x20            /* S/PDIF receiver */> How come that 0x20 means MIDI?
That has nothing to do with midi, see below.
> 3) How come that juli.c has 0x2b and prodigy192.c has 0x6a in> ICE_EEP2_SYSCONF? Does that differ because of the "amount" of stuff on> that board, or some other reason? Again, how did you find out which is> the correct value to set here?
Each bit represents a setting in a specific configuration register of ICE1724HT, see the datasheet http://alsa.cybermirror.org/manuals/icensemble/Envy24HT091DS.pdf
page 4-4, register CCS04 (called ICE_EEP2_SYSCONF in alsa)
Use a decent calculator with base conversions (kcalc) and find in the datasheet table the meaning of 0x2b (hexadecimal) or 0x6a in CCS04.

> 4) Does the fact that 0x2b and 0x6a are larger than 0x20 makes MIDI> get created? Or is it something else entirely?
see above> > I apologize if my questions are not apropriate, but I have just> started exploring the depths of low-level coding and I still have very> basic understanding of stuff that is going around. Thanks for any> help.
I hope we can make another card work flawlessly in alsa.
Pavel.