Re: snd-cmipci oops during probe on arm64 (current mainline, pre-6.6-rc1)

On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 03:36:40PM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 01:49:16PM +0100, Robin Murphy wrote:
> > It's blowing up trying to access PCI I/O space, which has apparently ended
> > up in the indirect access mechanism without that being configured correctly.
> > That is definitely an issue down somewhere between the PCI layer and the
> > system firmware. Does the system even have an I/O space window? Some arm64
> > machines don't. I guess we might not have got as far as probing a driver if
> > the I/O BAR couldn't be assigned at all, but either way something's not gone
> > right.
>
> I'm pretty sure I saw reports of people using PCI GPUs on this machine,
> but I would need to confirm.
>
> What info would I need to gather from the machine in order to figure
> this out?

Antonio, please see:
https://community.amperecomputing.com/t/amd-gpus-on-the-altra-devkit-and-other-altras-patches-available-now/336/11

You have a quirky PCIe controller it seems. You'll have to go through
the errata and then some.

Good Luck,
Geraldo Nascimento