Re: PATCH - vt1618 7.1 Audio

On 20-08-08 21:16, John L. Utz III wrote:

> anyway, we can argue about it again after i get a checkpatch
> compliant patch to submit....

Let's get a headstart...

Note that Hungarian is not a private Takashi Iwai or ALSA dislike; it's
rather specifically against the Linux kernel coding style (although the
actual CodingStyle document only mentions Hungarian for function names).

Most contributors have had to adjust a few local habits and in the end,
it's generally worth it. If all is good and well, open source code is
read many more times than it's written after all and any (significant)
style inconsistency costs every reader just a little mental hickup.
Review resources are one of the more scarcely available ones in this
development process, so a consistent style definitely pays.

Sure, sure, I also try ty get away with things, but Hungarians hickup
rather loudly.

Rene.