Re: [syzbot] [alsa?] memory leak in snd_seq_create_port

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 09:02:07AM +0200, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:

> Hi Geraldo,
>
> What exactly is cryptic in the report? Is there anything that can be
> done to make it less cryptic?

Hi again, Dmitry.

Perhaps also a bad choice of words. Cryptic borders on the undecipharable
while esoteric is the more proper word here. Those kernel hackers with
esoteric C and assembly skills like Takashi Iwai or you will quickly
infer that a kfree() is missing in such and such scope.

In my other message, I meant to say that such esoteric knowledge is
barely possessed by a novice kernel hacker, and they end up adding noise
to the lists specially if they are involved in the patch acceptance
process, specially as author of the patch, which I'm neither in this
case.

Now, if somebody were to apply LLMs to the build and checker bots and
actually get to a point where they were getting good patch propositions
from the machine rather than a bunch of hallucinations, that would be
quite the feat. It's only a faint dream right now, but you did
specifically ask for the "vision" :)

Thank you,
Geraldo Nascimento