Garbage returned while reading unused S/PDIF, A CM106 like sound card

Hello,

I encounter troubles while using S/PDIF input on an CM106 like sound card
(vendor 0x0d8c, device 0x0102) when the remote device which is connected by S/
PDIF to the sound card is powered off.
In that case garbage data are reading from the S/PDIF rather than.. nothing

It is really boring since this S/PDIF input is connected to the output
speakers and once the remote deviced is powered off it emits a really
disturbing sound.
Since there is no input on the S/PDIF I guess that it could be a driver bug?
If it's an hardware bug (I don't encounter the problem under windows..) is it
possible to make a hack in order to distinguish between real data and noise on
the S/PDIF input?

Unfortunately this test is performed on an embedded device which runs linux
5.16.17-sun50iw6. I don't know if this problem still occurs with newer alsa
version.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards,

Aurélien