Re: Firewire Audio Interface

Hi,
(C.C.ed to alsa-devel)

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 10:21:14AM -0500, mj@mj wrote:
> Hello Takashi!
> I came across your name when trying to find software to make a TC
> Konnekt 6 work in OSX Big Sur.
> TC has abandoned the Konnekt series.
> I saw this Github entry that I think is from you?
> [1]https://github.com/alsa-project/snd-firewire-ctl-services/blob/master/README.rst
> I wanted to ask…is this your project? and would it allow me to use the
> Konnekt with OSX 64-bit?

I maintain the repository.

Linux kernel has driver stack for audio and music unit in IEEE 1394 bus.
I maintain the driver stack as well. For example, you can see backport
drivers from mainline Linux kernel:

* https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve/

The repository you found is supplemental one. It provides user space
service program to configure DSP functions such as channel strip effects.

Besides, they are available in Linux only. As long as I know, no one
work to develop craft drivers in MacOS for your device.

P.S. I think you use 'Desktop Konnekt 6' or 'Konnekt 8'.

Takashi Sakamoto