alsa-devel mailing list - mailman upgrade

Hi all,

I upgraded the mailman 2 to mailman 3 on the ALSA server. I hope that you do not see any differences, but there is a major change in the handling of the user logins to maintain your subscription using the web interface [1]. It means that you should create a new user account on the mailman server [2].

Do not request the password change for the first login. Although the subscriptions are migrated, the new system will send you a reply that your e-mail is not in the user database. Although it is technically correct, it is very confusing. Create a new account using identical e-mail as you are subscribed. Your subscription will be assigned to this account according your e-mail. You will be allowed to maintain all list subscriptions on the server then (not only one list subscription like before).

Archive URLs are different, but I will keep the old archive (URLs), too.

Enjoy new Postorius and HyperKitty frontends.

If you have any issue, please, let me know.

				Thanks,
					Jaroslav

[1] https://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/faq-migration.html
[2] https://mailman.alsa-project.org