Re: Question about amidi -l output

Hi Jeroen,

On 16/1/23 20:48, Jeroen Baten wrote:

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
So the Ardour application uses the output of amidi -l to name USB
devices. In my case I now have 3 devices all named "Boutique MIDI 1",
although they are 3 different types of synth.
I already added the devices to usb-list and system-hwdb so lsusb shows
up with correct synth names.
What can I do to make amidi -l show better device names? Where do these
names come from? What lib or db should I look at to patch and submit?
I hope someone can help me.

You can use udev rules for that. The link below might help you:

https://www.alsa-project.org/wiki/Changing_card_IDs_with_udev

Cheers,

Aitor.