Adding AC3, TrueHD, and other audio codecs to compress-offload API

Hello,

currently, the compress-offload API does not include AC3, EAC3, TrueHD, MPEG-H, DTS in its list of audio codecs (found in include/uapi/sound/compress_params.h ). However, in part due to the rise of 3D audio like Dolby Atmos, adding these codecs would be useful if the underlying DSP is able to directly receive the compressed audio frames instead of having to rely on passing the compressed data through IEC958 / IEC61937.

From what I see, no special parameters would be needed - these codecs are self contained (no extra codec headers and such required). In the MPEG-H case, I'd limit support to MHAS (MPEG-H 3D Audio Stream), since that seems to be the more popular method of transporting MPEG-H frames, and also does not require any special extra info. As a result, this would amount to just adding a couple of audio codec #defines to compress_params.h .

Thoughts?

Carlos