Re: Rockchip I2S commit possibly ignored

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 10:37:18AM -0300, Geraldo Nascimento wrote:

> This isn't my patch, it's a patch by Sugar Zhang from Rockchip that was
> supposed to have been applied one year ago, give or take 10 days. I
> can't resend a patch that wasn't authored by me.

There's absolutely no problem with reposting someone else's patch - just
add your Signed-off-by at the end of the signoff chain.

> Therefore I don't see the point of your complaint about "content free pings".

In general the answer to "what's the status of this old patch?" is
almost always going to be the same so there's a form letter for it,
especially with such an old patch the chances of me having any
recollection of what's going on are minimal.