Re: PATCH - MIDI on ice1724 - real-time kernel problem SOLVED(?)

Martin Krüger wrote:> Pavel Hofman schrieb:>> Hi Martin,>>...............> > Hi Pavel,> > now i'm confused. I just compiled the current daily snapshot with> "./configure --with-isapnp=no --with-sequencer=yes --with-oss=no > --with-debug=verbose --with-cards=ice1724".> > That should give as much debug messages as i need, as i understood. I > get only one Message, telling me that ice1724 is using the defined > eeprom. After using the midi output port, there is no more message in > any log at all.
That is OK, it means the loop-detection code does not kick in, i.e. there is no problem with clearing interrupt status bits.
> > Due to this, it is really hard to understand the problem, for me it > looks like a complete freeze. If i would get "just" a heavy overload, > the numlock should still react within 10 minutes, and the cpu cooler > should be louder. Both of this should also happen during an irq flood, > if i understood that right.
My IRQ flood loaded the PC heavily, but I could still switch windows and move mouse around, with long delays. Yours looks like a real freeze.
> > Do you have any idea how to find out whats happening there?
I just add debug printk's to major code points all the way down to bottom functions. It takes many compiling and rebooting (after freezes).   Unfortunately I do not know of any other way to hunt the bug down.
Good luck,
Pavel.