How trivial would it be to port the DICE driver from FFADO?

Hello,

I'm new to these kinds of mailing lists so please forgive me if I'm doing something dumb.

I would love to see Allen & Heath Zed R16 as well as Midas Venice F32 support in ALSA.

Currently (at least according to libffado-2.4.4/configuration), they are supported via the DICE driver:

{ # Allen and Heath Zed R16.  Information from Brendan Pike.
    vendorid    = 0x000004C4;
    modelid     = 0x00000000;
    vendorname  = "Allen and Heath";
    modelname   = "Zed R16";
    driver      = "DICE";
    mixer       = "Generic_Dice_EAP";
},
{ # Midas Venice F32.  Information from Jano Svitok.
    vendorid    = 0x0010C73F;
    modelid     = 0x00000001;
    vendorname  = "Midas";
    modelname   = "Venice F32";
    driver      = "DICE";
    mixer       = "Generic_Dice_EAP";
},

In their source code I think it's this file: http://subversion.ffado.org/browser/branches/2.4.x/libffado/src/dice/dice_eap.cpp

So my question would be: How difficult would it be to port this driver (more specifically: Port it sufficiently enough to support the aforementioned devices) ?

Are we talking trivial enough for someone with minimal C experience, a dedicated team of ALSA devs or something else?

Thanks in advance,
FN